Already the Coronavirus contagion knocked on the door here in Puerto Rico. Every day we see more and more cases of contagion. It’s natural to be afraid and worried about us and our family. Especially when it’s a disease we don’t know about. But we can take action to prevent coronavirus contagion by improving hygiene and using the plant extracts that nature offers us.
Recommendations to help fight contagion include:
✅ Wash Your Hands. Best and most effective to fight against Coronavirus Contagion
One of the most important recommendations is frequent and correct hand cleaning. According to the CDC you have to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing or sneezing.
Sanitizer is not a substitute for soap and water.
We recommend using:
- 5 Guardians Foaming Soap: It is packed in a portable container and designed to make a lot of foam when you press it. You can take it with you at all times. With our 5 Guardians essential oil blend.
- Tea Tree and Abyss Soap: Tea Tree, or Melaleuca, is an essential oil from an Australian plant. It has antiseptic properties.
- Eucalyptus and Rosemary Soap: Both oils also have antiseptic properties and help you breathe better.
- Tea Tree Bath Gel: With the same Tea Tree extract but in liquid Castile soap.
- 5 Guardians Bar Soap: our same 5 Guardian recipe (thieves oil based) in a bar
✅ Using a Sanitizer or Antibacterial
If you can’t wash your hands, use an antibacterial with at least 60 alcohol. If you use a higher alcohol, your skin will dry out. The sanitizer will only work if your hands are clean.
Some recommended products are:
- Spray 5 Guardians: We prepare an antiseptic spray with 65 ethyl alcohol and our 5 Guardian essential oil blend.
- Craft Alcohol: A mixture of alcohol 65 with Malagueta leaves and essential oils. Antiseptic and helps improve breathing by its content of Mint and Eucalyptus oils.
✅ Clean up the Environment
Use essential oils to purify the air. You can use an essential oil vaporizer, breathe it straight out of the container, or add two drops to a container of hot water and breathe nearby. Also, you can rub your hands with the spray or apply a few drops of the essential oil (diluted in a base oil) to disinfect your hands.
- Oil 5 Guardians: Our version of Ratero Oil. A natural alternative that can help against the transmission of viruses, bacteria and fungi. Our blend, 5 GUARDIANES, is a powerful combination of 5 essential oils with antiseptic properties. Contains essential oils of Nails, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary.
- Eucalyptol: A spray for the environment that helps you breathe easier. It can also be sprayed on the pillow. Formulated with 6 essential oils including eucalyptus, pine and camphor.
Anyway, you won’t have control of the Virus but YES of your actions to prevent the coronavirus contagion.
It is important to remember that these statements are not a substitute for medical treatments and that the oil use of essential oils can serve as an excellent complementary therapy, if used responsibly, but do not cure any disease.