Learn the benefits of sulfur handmade soap. Your skin conditions will improve because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties. For this reason, it is the best bar for body acne, and will help minimize symptoms of rosacea and psoriasis. Yet, mild enough to use on the face.
Sulfur, also called Sulphur or brimstone, is a natural mineral found in hot springs and volcanic areas. Soaking in hot spring water has been known for centuries to help with skin conditions. Sulfur soap has been used for decades to dry up skin and prevent acne. It will clear the skin and reduce inflammation without using harsh chemicals found in commercial soaps. That’s why Sulphur is a key ingredient in many skin treatments. For this reason, we believe this is the best bar for body acne.
Why doesn’t sulfur soap get any love? It literally smells like rotten eggs! Luckily, the scent will not stay long on your skin. Be wary of commercial sulfur soaps that don’t have this characteristic smell, an indicator that it may not have much sulfur.
What is Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid, is a chemical exfoliator. Salicylic acid helps remove dead skin cells to reveal a smoother, brighter skin underneath. This helps to prevent pores from being clogged and can help remove clogs that have already formed. Salicylic acid is gentle enough for use if you have sensitive skin.
Used locally to treat many conditions like:
– “Paño” or Tinea Versicolor
– Oily skin
– Seborrheic Dermatitis (scaly and red skin patches)
How We Make Sulphur Soap
- We weigh the all-vegetable blend of oils and the lye solution in separate containers.
- Next we then carefully add the cooled lye solution to the oils and mix using a stick blender. The soap will thicken as it converts to soap, the process is called saponificacion.
- We then add 99.9% pure sulfur powder and salicylic acid.
- When soap thickens even more, it is poured into the mold
- After 24 hours, the soap is removed from the mold and cut into individual soaps.
- Then, it is left to cure for 3-4 weeks before use.
We offer several soaps for helping with skin conditions. Neem Handmade Soap and Tea Tree & Aloe Handmade Soap have similar antiseptic properties. Also, the Black Handmade Soap and Dead Sea Mud Handmade Soap are great choices for treating oily complexions. An even better option, is to alternate soaps every couple of days or use a different soap in the morning and another in the evening.
But why don’t you try the Sulphur Handmade Soap and decide for yourself? You will see how the skin conditions improve.
Statements made on this site have not been evaluated by the United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and they are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, or offer medical advice. Please consult your physician or other health care provider on all medical matters.